When our family of 10 goes blueberry picking, we have a bounty of blueberries in no time. We especially enjoy them in these melt-in-your-mouth pancakes topped with a satisfying blueberry sauce. —Paula Hadley, Somerville, Louisiana
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cover and keep warm.
- For pancakes, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the eggs, milk, sour cream and butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with blueberry topping.
- Yield: about 20 pancakes (3-1/2 cups topping).